Sunday, December 6, 2009

Thanksgiving 2009

Before we get any deeper into the Christmas season (or Advent, for you liturgical types), I guess we'd better recap Thanksgiving. :)

We went to my (Jeff's) mom's house in Houston for Thanksgiving this year (Wednesday-Sunday -- BabyBear's longest time away from home so far). Since my sister's in-laws do a big Thanksgiving celebration on Thursday, our family has in recent years taken to celebrating on Friday. That left Thursday wide open for us, so my mom babysat BabyBear while Bethany and I went to see "The Blind Side." We both highly recommend seeing it -- and not just because it was written and directed by a Baylor Bear!

Friday, we (Mom, me, Bethany, BabyBear, my sister, her husband, and their three kids) went to Aunt Sue and Uncle Vic's house in Sugar Land for the big dinner. Lots of fun there -- even took the kids to a nearby park after the big meal. Grams and Gramps provided this outfit for BabyBear to wear on the big day:




So cute! Saturday we just hung out at the house (digesting, I suppose), and then headed back to Waco Sunday. A very nice time with family. BabyBear did very well being away from home, sticking to his schedule pretty well and dealing nicely with the time we got off schedule. (Click here to see pics from the whole long weekend.)

Next up? Christmas in Miami -- less than three weeks!

No comments: