Monday, July 9, 2012

Before Five In A Row: Corduroy

Wow, am I behind in my posting about school stuff...this is a book we did a while back that never got posted...sorry!

Because of the awesome opportunity of a fun beach vacation and the fact that it meant we left and returned in the middle of a week, we decided to spread Corduroy out over two weeks (three days in one week, two days in the other).  Ah, the beauty of homeschool!

LittleBear really liked this book after we read it a few times and we even got to the point where he could tell me the story on his own.  Hooray for LittleBear!

 Here is what we had planned for our week on Corduroy:

Day1-
- talk about saving & sort coins in piggy bank
- sort fruit snacks by color using the Color Bears Concentration Game

Day2- Read Corduroy

Day3-

Day4-

Our fruit snacks didn't end up being bears because I was a little hesitant of all the artificial coloring in the ones I could find, but LittleBear didn't really notice or care.  I didn't get the feely fabric book done either, which I really wanted to, but just didn't have the time.  Otherwise, we did everything else as planned!

LittleBear loved the fruit snack sorting and playing with the buttons.  Who knew that "Grandma's grab bag" of buttons from Hobby Lobby could produce so many hours of entertainment for a preschooler?  It was great (even better with a 40% off coupon!).  He sorted them by size, color and found the matching ones...we did this every day at his request, it was definitely a favorite activity for him.

We are currently experiencing some technical difficulties with our photo album system, so forgive me that these are all the pictures we have for this book.  I do have a cute button sorting video for you that will hopefully make up for it :)


Inspiration, ideas and printables I used for Corduroy can be found at:


No comments: