Wednesday, August 29, 2012

We're Ready for LadyBear!

LadyBear's room is finally finished!  Well, ideally I'd have a few more things framed and eventually we'll have a daybed in there, but our budget is a bit limited right now, so we'll go with it as-is and I'll try to find frames and the daybed later :)

With LittleBear (then BabyBear), we bought a really cute in the box teddy bear nursery set and decorated with that, which worked out well.  With LadyBear, I wanted to branch out on my own and try something a little different.  I really want my kids to know there is a great big world out there and so I decided to go with a theme of "He's Got The Whole World In His Hands" from one of the classic spirituals.  What we ended up with is a collection of globes, maps and placemats found at garage sales, thrift stores and etsy.com and while it may not win any awards for "Best decorated room," I really like it.
Enjoy the tour!!

The last time I did this, LittleBear decided to come the next day...for the record, I would be TOTALLY fine if LadyBear followed his example :)  We'll see...




3 comments:

allison stockton said...

I LOVE it!!! Especially the painting (did you do that?) and the bed skirt! More though, i love you and am praying for your daughter's safe arrival! You are the bestest Mommy :)

Heather Sullivan said...

Love , Love, Love it!! The hanging globes are awesome, and the decoration as a crib skirt. Such a wonderful room. Bought some knits today in turquoise and green to use as wraps for pics....CAN'T WAIT!! -Heather

Bethany said...

Thank you sweet friends!!! I did do the painting. It was my own take of this one on etsy (http://www.etsy.com/listing/44612625/my-whole-world). It was fun!