Thursday, May 30, 2013

Bittersweet Times: Goodbye MDO...

Ms. J and Ms. R...LittleBear's fabulous teacher's this year!

Today, was the last day of Mother's Day Out (MDO) at Harris Creek Baptist Church, and it was definitely a bittersweet day.  Since he was 18 mos old, LittleBear has been going there one day a week and loving some playtime with friends, fantastic teachers and a really great playground that he raves about every time I pick him up.  We started sending him because we thought it might help him start talking (we didn't know his hearing was poor) and, I won't lie, the quiet time to myself was nice :)
 One of my favorite paintings from 2011...

He grew and learned so much and we have gotten so much more out of it than I originally expected.  I have an amazing catalog of treasured craft projects (I have taken pictures of every one, have a box of my favorites and plan to make a coffee table book one day), LittleBear has even more treasured experiences and I truly looked forward to hearing about how he thrived from every one of his teachers.  We have loved each of his teachers and each year it has been harder to say goodbye to them.

This one illustrates his minimalist preferences when he was younger...

It's sad to say goodbye to such a great program, but we're excited to start school together in the fall.  This year, he had two especially amazing teachers...Ms. J. (who he had twice and has really gotten to see him grow from not really talking to chatting up a storm) and Ms. R. who went above and beyond to make every day packed with learning fun.  Both of these amazing ladies loved my little man and I truly can not thank them enough for investing so much in LittleBear.  I wish I could keep them :)






This pizza and box are played with almost every day (not kidding) and is a VERY treasured piece around here...


We'll start full-on homeschooling in the fall with Kindergarten (more on that later), so today we said goodbye to this chapter of LittleBear's journey.  We love you HCBC MDO!!!!!

Hand print sunflower for Mother's Day 2012...can't get enough.

No comments: