Friday, November 14, 2014

Five In A Row: Grandfather's Journey


This was a book we read a few weeks back right before Thanksgiving and somehow I forgot to post it. Ooops!  Because of that, this post will be a bit lean on pictures and content, but since I'm mostly posting for my own records, I think that's ok :)

We recently read a new-to-us book called Grandfather's Journey.  It's about a Japanese man who travels to California and then gets homesick for Japan and travels back and forth a bit between the two.  We reviewed what we had learned about Japan from our A Pair of Red Clogs unit and also talked about birds.  
 
LadyBear especially enjoyed the bird stickers!

LittleBear cutting out Life Cycle of A Bird sequencing cards...

 Our book pile for the week...

Resources and printables I used for Grandfather's Journey can be found at:
My Five In A Row Pinterest Board

Go Along Books we used for Grandfather's Journey (* indicate ones we especially liked for this unit):
*Children Just Like Me by Barnabas and Anabel Kindersley
*How My Parents Learned to Eat
*Birds of Central Texas pamphlet from the grocery store
*Grass Sandals
*The Magic Fan
*All About Japan
Yoko's Paper Cranes
How Birds Fly
A Bird's Body
Birds

adding our story disk to California on our map...

adding

No comments: