Thursday, November 15, 2007

Another Man's Poison: 11/15/07

When I found the Internet as a college freshman 11 years ago, I almost immediately starting boring my friends by reading excerpts of interesting pages I found to them. (Seriously, I did this; ask Zan.) Even though those friends now live all over the country, I'm still able to bore them by sending links to pages or articles I find interesting. I had the bright idea to expand my audience of disinterested listeners/readers by posting some of the more interesting things I've found recently here; if I remember/have time and anyone cares, I might make this a semi-regular deal. Here goes:

freerice.com -- answer a multiple-choice vocab question, and if you get it right, they'll donate 10 grains of rice to an impoverished people. Play as long as you like, and they'll keep donating.

Fly Girls -- seriously, an interesting history project about women pilots during WWII.

Fast food nutrition facts -- all in one place, sorted by item (hamburgers, nuggets, fries, etc.)

Stepfather remake cast -- I can't believe they're remaking this. The original is a classic.

O Holy Night -- a surprisingly good version by a singer I don't normally care much for. You'll have to click the link to see who.

Random enough? That's probably enough for now. If you enjoy this at all, let me know by leaving a note in the comments. Thanks!

p.s. I "borrowed" the title, "Another Man's Poison," from my dad; he used to make random mix tapes with that name. I've always liked it, and thought I'd bring it into the 21st century.

No comments: