Monday, November 12, 2007

Lillies & Kitties

FYI...Lilies of any sort are extremely toxic to cats.

I didn't know how toxic until today and sadly Orbit is in the kitty hospital on an IV. The vet said we caught it early enough that he should be fine, but apparently any sort of lily flower is extremely toxic to cats and causes Renal failure and death. We've decided it's time for me to find a new favorite flower...maybe a cactus.


Here are some websites we found... after taking Orbit to the vet:

http://www.sptimes.com/2007/04/02/Northpinellas/Nibbling_on_lovely_li.shtml

http://www.showcatsonline.com/x/lethal_lilies.htm

http://www.aspca.org/site/DocServer/vettech_0402.pdf?docID=354

1 comment:

kimkitty81 said...

Woah! I'm glad he's okay and that you got him to the vet in time! I had never heard that before. Poor kitty!