Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Another Man's Poison: 5/14/08

It's been way too long since my last post of this sort to include all the great links I've found, so I'll just include my favorites.

Comparing versions of the Bible to G.I. Joe characters -- this comes from a hilarious site called Stuff Christians Like.

Marital Rating Scale -- Does your wife "fail to sew on buttons or darn regularly?" Are the "seams in her hose often crooked"? Does she "wear red nail polish?" If so, she'd have probably flunked this test from the '50s. Wow.

Working NES controller coffee table -- I have to admit, there's a part of me that really thinks this is cool. Also, this lamp.

What kids are reading these days (PDF) -- Pretty interesting list based on a survey, broken down by grade. I can't imagine reading even the beginning Harry Potter books in 1st grade.

Store Wars -- I don't necessarily buy their message about organic foods, but this Star Wars parody is well done. Darth Tater? Obi-Wan Cannoli? Chewbroccoli? Nice.

Super Mario Bros. theme performed by an RC car on a row of liquid-filled bottles -- I'm a sucker for variations on my favorite video game themes.

Incoming Baylor freshman featured on ABC -- The girl's fighting cancer, and her request from Make-A-Wish was money to start an orphanage in Kenya.

No comments: