Friday, March 6, 2015

Five In A Row: Stopping By The Woods On A Snowy Evening



This week we read another new-to-us book that was Robert Frost's poem "Stopping By The Woods On A Snowy Evening."  I personally really liked the illustrations and enjoyed the poem, but it was not LittleBear's or LadyBear's favorite book.

We tried writing a poem this week, which involved an andorable drawing of an elephant, but didn't really work as a poem.

 Our attempt at writing a poem...

It also looked like we might get a snow day, but it ended up being more of an ice day and not really good for playing in.

I apologize for the sparseness of this post and the few pictures.  My computer has decided it doesn't want to connect to my camera and upload what I've taken.  It was that kind of week!  Next week, we go to Five In A Row: Volume 2 and read one of my favorites!  And I promise...more pictures.


Resources and printables I used for Stopping By the Woods on a Snowy Evening can be found at:

Go Along Books we used for Stopping By the Woods on a Snowy Evening (* indicate ones we especially liked):
*Poems and Prayers for the Very Young, selected & illustrated by Martha Alexander
*Snowflake Bentley (LittleBear wanted to get this one again...) by Jacqueline Briggs Martin
*Snow by Cynthia Rylant
*Animals in Winter by Henrietta Bancroft & Richard G. Van Gelder
*Snow Dance by Lezlie Evans
Winter Friends by Mary Quattlebaum

No comments: