Monday, October 19, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook: October 19th

FOR TODAY...October 19th Daybook

Outside my window... bright, sunny and 74 degrees outside. The Monarch butterflies have stopped over on their migration down south- they're beautiful!!!

I am thinking... how much my perspective on the world around me is changing since welcoming BabyBear into our family

I am thankful for... the previous owners of this house, that they planted to attract butterflies- I'm so glad they did!!!

I am wearing... jeans, black tank top and green hooded (Baylor) sweatshirt

I am remembering... the colors of fall living on Apple Drive in Exton, PA...those trees are hands down the most beautiful and colorful trees I have ever seen in the fall.

I am reading... still working on Twelve Extraordinary Women of the Bible by John MacArthur

I am hoping... to get the house cleaned (REALLY cleaned) before my parents get here

From the learning rooms... I'm learning how to sew baby clothes :)

Noticing that... we really need to get a bird feeder since our last one broke. I walked by the bedroom window yesterday and this gorgeous cardinal looked up at me as if to say, "Are you still going to feed us?"

Pondering these words... "He is no fool who gives up that which he can not keep to gain that which he can not lose." - Jim Elliot

From the kitchen... I've been trying a lot of new recipes lately in an effort to serve my family healthier, but tasty foods. This week, I've got a chicken & veggie pasta that sounds like it will be really tasty...we'll see.

Around the house... A friend is coming over for dinner tonight, then Lifegroup tomorrow night, then Mom and Dad are coming to visit Wednesday and staying through the weekend. It will be busy, but so fun!!

One of my favorite things... The scent of an apple cinnamon candle (we get the cheapy Glade kind) burning in the house during the fall season...MMMMMMM

From my picture journal... (last year- yes, it's a crab hat...definitely worth the $1 I spent)
If you would like to take part in The Simple Woman's Daybook, please consult Peggy at http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/ for details.

1 comment:

dtbrents said...

Your cat picture is so cute. I hope you had fun with your friend. I love candles. I have a cinnamon roll one that is great. Have a great week. Doylene