Sunday, November 27, 2011

30 Days of Thanks: November 27, 2011

Happy first day of Advent!!

I LOVE the time of transition from Thanksgiving Day to the start of Advent/the Christmas season. There is so much to be thankful for this time of year and my hope is that we'll be able to keep up the attitude of thankfulness beyond this season and into next year!
Today we put up our Christmas tree, brought out our nativity sets and hung our bows and greenery in celebration of the joyous month before us. LittleBear even helped!
Today, we also lit the first candle (aka turned on the first tealight) on our advent wreath, which ties in nicely to my point of thankfulness for today. I am thankful for the hope I have found in Jesus. I know without it, my life would be very, very different and I am so, so thankful. I don't want to imagine where I would be today without it.

The first candle of Advent is a purple candle called the candle of Hope. It stands for Jesus Christ coming as our Hope and the Light of the world. "We who have sat in darkness have seen a great light, the light of Jesus Christ, our salvation" (quoted from our Advent wreath readings).

"2 See, darkness covers the earth
and thick darkness is over the peoples,
but the LORD rises upon you
and his glory appears over you.
3 Nations will come to your light,
and kings to the brightness of your dawn. "
Isaiah 60:2-3


What are you thankful for today?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

youn are invited to follow my blog