Wednesday, November 30, 2011

30 Days of Thanks: November 28, 29 & 30th

Monday we painted glue line pumpkins with watercolors, which LittleBear really seemed to enjoy. I was thankful this day for the joy that comes out in LittleBear giggles. When he laughs and his whole face lights up, you can't help but smile :)

Yesterday I was particularly thankful for the patience God has with me in that He doesn't give up on me when I make a mistake or get frustrated with me when I act like a two year old (hmm, I wonder what inspired that thought of thankfulness...). We decided to go on a walk and experience the lovely fall weather here. LittleBear loved looking at leaves and collecting acorns...so much so that his pockets were bursting at the seams when we got home.
This evening (one day late) we started our Jesse tree. A seemingly dead stump with a shoot coming out of it to symbolize Jesus being born a baby from the line of Jesse and the earth to symbolize God's creation.
Today, the last day of November, I am thankful for the compassionate love that God felt for us all when He decided to send Jesus to earth to rescue us from the darkness caused by the evil one. I hope you all see evidence of that compassionate love this coming Advent season.

1 comment:

allison stockton said...

I haven't commented much but I've been reading your 30 days. Thank you for your example of a thankful heart!!!