Friday, November 4, 2011

30 Days of Thanks: November 4, 2011

Today, LittleBear and I played with his Harvest/Thanksgiving/Fall sensory bin and talked about what the attitude of being thankful means while we poured corn all over the kitchen floor. We also read, Thank You God.

This one is getting posted a bit late, but that doesn't make me any less thankful (it just means that it is Homecoming weekend here at BU and we have friends in town). In fact, it makes me more thankful because it gets me spending time with and talking about friends!!!

Today, I want to talk about how thankful I am for my good, solid friendships. In a way, my families were chosen for me and while we all know I love the people in my families, my friends are only mine if they want to be.

Throughout my life in the various places I have lived (New York, Florida, Texas, Kentucky, Florida again, Pennsylvania, Texas again, etc.) the Lord has truly blessed me with solid and fantastic friendships. You know who you are and I am truly blessed for the years you have given me and the times we have had together. We've talked/listened, given/taken advice, laughed/cried and truly just had fun at times. If you can find me on Facebook, I certainly won't have the highest number of "Friends" but I do not feel at all like I am lacking for anything. My friends are kind, extraordinarily patient, caring, smart, have amazing senses of humors and are also fiercely loyal.

Thank you to every one of you for sticking by me despite my introverted, illogical self. You have had a profound impact on my life in a good way and I treasure your friendship. I love you and am so, so thankful for you.

What are you thankful for today?

No comments: